Subject: Re: off-topic: 2D anim. s
From: [email-masked] (Gonzalo Garramuno)
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 1996 02:00:36 -0800

SS>         By the way, I've been using a front-end for ADPro on the Amiga 
SS> called MultiLayer which isn't bad. It doesn't support rotation or scaling
SS> or  any of the other fancier features, though. What would be an
SS> alternative on  the Amiga for 2D animation? Is ImageFX more sophisticated
SS> in this manner?  One thing I like about my current setup is the ability to
SS> use multiple image  streams from my PAR (of digitally captured video or
SS> animations) and various  transparency map options (including Alpha
SS> channels-this is a must). 
SS>         Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated!
SS> 
SS> Steve Soltz
SS> President /Animator
SS> SSK Creatives, Inc.
SS> 

On the Amiga, ImageFX won't offer much more than ADPro (better interface,
more effects, a paint program, but not what you are after).  No
alternatives, here.  Non-24 bit programs (DPaint, Brilliance, etc) will
be good for animating, but forget about real alphas or captured images.

On the PC, I guess the best thing you can get IS WinImages.  Although you
should take a look at the Animation Studio (I haven't had time).  While
there a number of pro (or semi pro) 3D packages for the PC, there are no
good 2D ones yet.  Still, the best choice is After Effects + Mac, whose
pro package now offers some advanced features like motion tracking and
image stabilization.

In a year or so, I bet this will change, as I understand some big guys
will be porting over (at a price, of course).

Gonzalo Garramuno
[email-masked]
Buenos Aires, Argentina

.. It's only a hobby ... only a hobby ... only a
___ Offline Orbit v0.80a (Unregistered Evaluation Copy)